THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY
A model to help you plan customer lifecycle touchpoints and content strategy.
As a specialist marketing automation and campaign architecture consultancy we use this Customer Journey Model to help plan the right content mix for demand generation and marketing automation campaigns - both inbound and outbound for multi-channel programmes.
Our research tells us that having the right mix is crucial to increasing your chances of nurturing prospects to a sales ready lead, shortening the sales cycle and improving the quality of leads handed off to sales .
This model helps you build Agile Personas and ensures you're covering all the content needs of your customers in your campaign.
Remember - our research tells us that up 40% of the content needs to be external/third party authored to maximise your leads (this means content authored by customers, industry thought leaders or influencers) and ideally six or seven touches of content is the ideal number of touchpoints for a B2B nurture programme.
Research also tells us to focus on smaller amounts of high-quality content which cover as many of the Customer Journey touchpoints as possible - and that customers never follow a linear path through the journey (often jumping between stages).
Content should be original, high-value, credible and useful.
- Lifecycle Diagram - Easy to communicate 'infinity 8' diagram for quick planning and sharing
- Detailed Table View - For advanced and detailed planning work
- Lifecycle Stages - Discover, Consider, Justify, Purchase Point and Customer Stages
- Sub-Stages - Main stages are broken down into more detailed categories for refined planning
- Gate-Worthy Content - Examples are provided for form/gateable content
- Ideal for Planning - Perfect for Campaign Architecture Design, Content Audits and Assessments, Persona Planning and building Automated Workflows in Marketing Automation platforms such as Eloqua, Marketo and HubSpot
Grab your content
Your premium content will be emailed to your business email account within 15 minutes (excludes Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, iCloud, Live addresses).
+44 (0) 203 755 3511
Get in Touch
16 Upper Woburn Place
Milton Keynes Office
Copyright Protocol Global Ltd 2014-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Registered in England No. 9502225. 16 Upper Woburn Place, Bloomsbury, London, WC1H 0AF
'Protocol' and 'Protocol Empowering Marketers' are Trademarks of Protocol Global Ltd.